Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hymn Of The Big Wheel

Way back in 2005 my car got written off with me in it. It was, what I have to come to think of as the, "Granny on a Mission" event. She'd driven out of a car park and onto the road, and I was the 2nd and final car she'd run into on her 400metre drive home from the shops. I recall the noise of her engine, the impact and the noise it made, my car being up in the air and then my head ringing like a bell.

I'd called the emergency services from within my now wrecked car. I could see daylight through the passenger door frame and I was across the middle of the road with one side of the car front tilting downwards, some distance from where I'd been driving. I had no air bags fitted.
The Police Emergency Call Centre declined to send anyone out on my request, though the Police did attend later along with a Fire Crew to clean up the mess in the road. I'm not sure who else called and managed to convince them to turn out, but I eventually gave a statement, and there were several witnesses. The other driver had been whisked away by her family before the Police arrived.

I was not too badly injured, the Whiplash injury I'd suffered which occurred when my head hit the driver's side window, eased around two years later.

My car went to the Breakers Yard and I still miss it.

So, where is this little stroll down Memory Lane heading? .....

Fast forward to 2011, and someone who seems to have a long term grudge against me, made an attempt to use existing UK Legislation to try and drive me off the Internet. Last week I had the Police at my UK door regarding this Blog and my Twitter Page, following their receipt of a formal complaint about the content.

Quite interesting to view these two events side by side and speculate about what priorities exist for local policing today.

Thankfully common sense has prevailed and there is still a right to free speech where I'm domiciled. After all, this is not a commercial Blog or Website, it earns the owner no income, (especially true since my Google Adsense Account was attacked recently) and contains my personal views, thoughts and experiences in life.

If you don't like what I write, then the solution is simple, don't read it.

With thanks to Massive Attack for providing me with Title inspiration and keeping me sane.

July 2012 Yet another attempt has been made to drive me from the Internet. Same person and same details as the last time, more police at my door. Seriously considering shutting down all web places. Left feeling that it's a huge waste of Police time and resources.